A great way to explore Morocco, from visiting the Imperial Cities of Marrakech and Fez, to riding your camel across the Sahara and walking in the Atlas Mountains and spend a few days on the coast of Essaouira
- Visit the imperial cities of Fez, Meknes and Marrakech
- Walk in the Atlas Mountains
- Camel ride and trek in the Sahara
- Spend time exploring Essaouira
Just across the Straits of Gibraltar, Morocco will absorb your family with exotic sights, sounds and smells. We have chosen some of the best highlights in this exciting country.
See the Imperial Cities with their palaces and sprawling souks. Discover the majestic beauty of the Sahara Desert where you can head off into the dunes on your camel and spend a night under the stars. Walk through some of the dramatic Atlas gorges, explore a kasbah of Gladiator fame and cross the High Atlas Mountains. Then it's off to Marrakech to see one of the world's great spectacles as the Djemma el Fna comes alive at dusk with acrobats, jugglers and snake-charmers!
- 1. Fly to Fez
- Day 2. City tour of Fez and free time
- Day 3. Fez
- Explore Roman Volubilis and Imperial Meknes
- Day 4. Ifrane
- Drive to Ifrane; walk in the woods.
- Day 5/6. Merzouga via Midelt
- Continue to Merzouga via Midelt, camel trek to Bedouin desert camp
- Day 7. Tinerhir
- Explore the dunes; drive to Tinerhir
- Day 8. Short walks
- Short walks at Todra and Dades Gorges.
- Day 9/10. Ait Benhaddou, Essaouira
- Explore Ait Benhaddou; drive to Essaouira across the Atlas Mountains.
- Day 11. Essaouira
- Free time to explore souks and port of Essaouira.
- Day 12. Essaouira, Marrakech
- Free morning in Essaouira and afternoon drive to Marrakech
- Day 13. Marrakech
- Marrakech city tour; time to explore souks.
- Day 14. Fly to London
- Is it right for your family?
- There are a few long driving days to get between these highlights but it's really worth it! Facilities in the desert camp will be pretty basic. You can opt out of the camel riding and walks if you prefer.
- Extensions & tailor-making
- Extend your trip and escape to Essaouira on the coast - contact us for details & prices.
- Accommodation: Hotels (9 nights), desert camp (1 night), auberge (1 night)
- Meals: 11 breakfasts and 3 evening meals included
- Flights: Flights from London, connections available from regional airports. Please contact us for details.
- Travel By: Minibus, mules, on foot, calesh (horse-drawn cart)
- Age Guideline: approx. 7 to 16
- Trip code: FMMH