High Atlas Adventure
A family activity holiday to exotic Morocco. Explore Berber tribe, adventure through the famous Atlas mountains and experience bazaars in Marrakech.
- Meet the friendly Berber tribe
- Ride a mule up a mountain!
- Have fun haggling in a bazaar
- Learn to cook a tajine stew
- Walk in the dramatic Atlas mountains
- See fire-eaters and sword-swallowers
A wonderful walking experience in the Atlas Mountains. As well as exploring the atmospheric bazaar of old Marrakech, you'll enjoy the tranquil pace of life in the remote villages of the High Atlas. Easy day-walks will introduce you to mountain villages inhabited by the friendly and traditional Berber tribe.
Once you've acclimatised we'll set off on a trek deeper into the hills, through stunning mountains where life has stood still for centuries. You'll return to the vibrant city of Marrakech, and have free time to wander through the lively bazaar and colourful souks. At the end of the trip we recommend an extension to the old coastal port of Essaouira or more time in Marrakech.
- Day 1. Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2. Marrakech
- Marrakech; tour of bazaar and medina.
- Day 3. Aremd
- Drive to Imlil (Atlas village). Walk to Aremd.
- Day 4. Sidi Chamarouch
- Walk to holy shrine at village of Sidi Chamarouch.
- Day 5/6. 2-day walk.
- 2-day walk in Atlas Mountains with overnight stays in Berber villages.
- Day 7. Marrakech.
- Drive to Marrakech; free time for shopping & souvenir hunting.
- Day 8. Fly to UK.
- Extend your stay
- Extend your stay in the old fishing port of Essaouira. Ride camels along the beach, go kite-surfing, enjoy delicious seafood and wander around its relaxed bazaar in search of souvenirs. From £199pp.
- Is it right for your family?
- This is a walking trip, although mules are available to ride for tired children. Accommodation in the mountains is in simple, traditional Berber houses, and in Marrakech we use a 3-star hotel chosen for its proximity to the bazaar.
- Accommodation: Hotels (3 nts), mountain refuge (1nt), village houses (3 nts).
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 evening meals included
- Flights: Flights with BA, Royal Air Maroc or Easyjet.
- Travel by: Minibus, On foot, Mule, Calesh (horse-drawn cart)
- Age Guideline: approx. 7 to 16
- Trip Code: FMHA