High Atlas Adventure
A family activity holiday to exotic Morocco. Explore Berber tribe, adventure through the famous Atlas mountains and experience bazaars in Marrakech.
- Walk in the High Atlas Mountains
- Mingle with the Berber tribe in their isolated villages
- Discover atmospheric Marrakech
- See fire-eaters and sword-swallowers
A wonderful walking experience in the Atlas Mountains. As well as exploring the atmospheric bazaar of old Marrakech, you'll enjoy the tranquil pace of life in the remote villages of the High Atlas. Easy day-walks will introduce you to mountain villages inhabited by the friendly and traditional Berber tribe.
Once you've acclimatised we'll set off on a trek deeper into the hills, through stunning mountains where life has stood still for centuries. At the end of the trip we recommend an extension to the old coastal port of Essaouira or more time in Marrakech.
- Day 1. Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2. Marrakech
- Tour of bazaar and medina.
- Day 3. Aremd
- Drive to Imlil (Atlas village). Walk to Aremd.
- Day 4. Sidi Chamarouch
- Walk to holy shrine at village of Sidi Chamarouch.
- Day 5/6. 2-day walk.
- 2-day walk in Atlas Mountains with overnight stays in Berber villages.
- Day 7. Marrakech.
- Drive to Marrakech; free time for shopping & souvenir hunting.
- Day 8. Fly to London.
- Extensions & tailor-making.
- Extend your stay to visit the atmospheric old port of Essaouira - contact us for details.
- Is it right for your family?
- This is a walking trip, although mules are available to ride for tired children. Accommodation in the mountains is in simple, traditional Berber houses, but in Marrakech we use a three-star hotel chosen for its proximity to the bazaar.
- Accommodation: Hotels (3 nts), mountain refuge (1 nt), village houses (3 nts)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 evening meals included
- Flights: Flights from London and Manchester, connections available from other regional airports. Please contact us for details.
- Travel by: Minibus, on foot, mule, calesh (horse-drawn cart)
- Age Guideline: approx. 7 to 16
- Trip Code: FMHA