Rainforest and Volcanoes
A family holiday where you get to explore a rainforest, appreciate unique flora and fauna and visit active volcanoes!
- See manatees, tree frogs, iguanas, sloths and crocodiles
- Explore a rainforest canopy
- Visit active volcanoes
- Relax on a Pacific Ocean beach
This is a great way to explore in comfort and get the most out of Costa Rica's varied natural environment - including mountains, volcanoes, swamps, rainforest and beach.
The trip is positively packed with exciting activities so you'll learn about all aspects of the country. A comprehensive programme of optional excursions, such as white-water rafting, zip-wires, a hot springs visit and a walk in a rainforest canopy, guarantees something to interest everyone in the family.
- Day 1. Fly to San Jose
- Day 2. San Jose
- In San Jose; visit Poas Volcano and Doka Coffee Estate tour and Butterfly Farm visit
- Day 3/4. Tortuguero NP
- Drive and take a boat ride to Tortuguero NP; see monkeys, sloths, crocodiles.
- Day 5/6. Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui
- Drive to Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui; explore rainforest; chocolate tour.
- Day 7. Arenal Volcano
- Drive and explore the stunning Arenal Volcano.
- Day 8. Arenal Cultural Tour & Guanacaste
- Learn about the traditional way of life living in the shadow of Arenal volcano. Afternoon drive to Guanacaste.
- Day 9. Rincon de la Vieja NP
- Visit to Rincon de la Vieja NP; take a dip in the hot springs and playing with mud.
- Day 10/11. Drive to Playa Panama
- Free time to relax, swim and snorkel at Playa Panama.
- Day 12/13. Fly to London
- Drive to Liberia. Overnight flight to London.
- Is it right for your family?
- All kids learn about rainforests in school. This trip gives them an opportunity to experience them first hand and have great fun at the same time. Travel in Costa Rica is easy as distances are relatively short, while the small lodges are comfortable and full of character.
- Accommodation: Hotels (4 nights) Lodge (7 nights)
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 2 evening meals included
- Flights: Scheduled flights from London. Alternative regional airport departures may be available. Please contact us for details.
- Travel by: Minibus, boat, on foot
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip Code: FCRA