Active Costa Rica
Explore a rainforest by zip-wire, enjoy the exhilarating and wet white-water rafting experiece, go mountain biking on the edge of an active volcano.
- Fly through the rainforest on a zip wire
- Go white-water rafting on the Sarapiqui River
- Ride a horse ranchero-style
- Go mountain biking near volcanoes
- Canoe on the Caribbean coast
An invigorating cocktail of nature and adrenalin that shows you the highlights of this amazing country and keeps the whole family active.
Explore the rainforest, volcanoes and beaches of this natural paradise with action all the way. Canoe on the Caribbean coast and ride a horse on a working ranch. Take to the water by raft on the Sarapiqui River. See the active Arenal volcano from your mountain bike and walk at night in the tropical forest.
Reaching Monteverde's Cloud Forest by boat, you'll find yourself right in the rainforest canopy and finally ride the network of zip-wire cables for an unforgettable Tarzan-style adventure!
- Day 1. San Jose
- Fly to San Jose.
- Day 2. Cahuita
- Travel to Cahuita on Caribbean Coast. Chocolate tour.
- Day 3. Cahuita National Park
- Canoe in Cahuita NP and enjoy beach.
- Day 4. Sarapiqui
- Drive to Sarapiqui; horse riding at ranch
- Day 5. Sarapiqui River
- White-water rafting on Sarapiqui River.
- Day 6. Arenal Volcano
- Mountain biking by volcano. Night walk.
- Day 7. Monteverde
- Take a boat ride across Arenal Lake to Monteverde. Visit frog pond - watch out for the poisonous ones!
- Day 8. Zip wire & suspension bridges
- Ride through the rainforest on a network of zip-wires and suspension bridges for that ultimate Tarzan-style adventure.
- Day 9. Flight to London
- Return to San Jose. Night flight to London.
- Day 10. Arrive London
- Is it right for your family?
An active trip for adventurous and nature loving families. No experience is required for the activities, just a sense of adventure and keenness to 'have a go' - full instruction is provided. Accommodation is a comfortable mix of tented camps, lodges and hotels.
- Extensions & Tailor-making
- Extend your trip on the Northern Pacific Coast for the beach or more sea-based activities - please contact us for details.
- Accommodation: Hotels (7 nights) Fixed tents (1 night)
- Meals: 8 breakfasts included
- Flights: Scheduled flights from London. Alternative regional airport departures may be available. Please contact us for details.
- Modes of Transport: Minibus, on foot, horse, raft, mountain bike, boat
- Age Group: approx. 9 to 16
- Trip Code: FCPV