Kasbahs & Camels
This family adventure holiday travels from Marrakech, across to the spectacular Atlas mountains - to the old red-walled city of Taroudant and then on to Essaouria.
- Explore kasbahs & bazaars
- Visit remote Berber villages
- Discover the Atlas mountains
- Relax at the old port of Essaouira
This trip is specifically designed to give a taste of the variety and colour of Morocco. Travelling by minibus, you'll head across the Atlas Mountains, stopping to visit the spectacular Ait Benhaddou kasbah made famous in the film Gladiator. Learn about the life of the friendly and hospitable Berber tribes as you stay in their simple mountain villages.
Relax at the fishing port of Essaouira and ride camels along the beach. Finally, explore the lively bazaar in Marrakech's colourful souk and step back in time as the square comes to life with acrobats and jugglers.
- Day 1. Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2. Tour souk & Atlas Mountains
- Marrakech city tour; drive over Atlas Mountains to Ait Benhaddou.
- Day 3. Berber village
- Drive along edge of Anti Atlas to remote Berber village.
- Day 4. Easy mountain walks
- Easy walks in mountains to discover local villages.
- Day 5. Taroudant & Essaouira
- Drive via Taroudant to Essaouria
- Day 6. Essaouira
- Visit harbour and old port. Optional camel ride.
- Day 7. Essaouira to Marrakech
- Afternoon drive to Marrakech; evening to explore Djemma el Fna.
- Day 8. Fly to London
- Extensions & tailor-making
- You can extend or tailor this trip especially for your family - contact us for details & prices.
- Is it right for your family?
- Accommodation is in local-style but comfortable hotels or riads (a traditional Moroccan house or palace with an interior garden).
- Accommodation: Hotels (5 nights) Riad (2 nights)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 evening meals included
- Flights: Flights from London and Manchester, connections available from other regional airports. Please contact us for details.
- Travel By: Minibus, on foot, camels (optional), calesh
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip Code: FMKC