Feluccas & Pyramids
On this family adventure to Egypt, you will see the great and famous sites, as well as taking you off the beaten track. In Cairo you'll see the Pyramids and visit the vibrant and colourful Khan al Khalili bazaar.
- Great value for money Egypt holiday
- See the Pyramids and Sphinx
- Sail a felucca down the Nile
- Ride a camel and a donkey
- Discover the ancient Karnak Temple
- Explore King Tutankhamun's tomb in the Valley of the Kings
See the Pyramids, the Sphinx and the Egyptian Museum. Enjoy the excitement of sleeping on an overnight train, riding camels in the desert, relaxing and exploring the delightful town of Aswan, sailing on a traditional felucca slowly down the Nile, and taking a donkey ride through local villages to the impressive Valley of the Kings.
These are just a few highlights of this fun-filled and varied trip. If you have time, we recommend a few days on the beach for some snorkelling in the Red Sea.
- Day 1. Fly to Cairo
- Day 2. Cairo Pyramids
- Cairo; visit Pyramids & Egyptian Museum. Overnight train to Aswan.
- Day 3. Aswan
- In Aswan; optional camel trek into the desert. Enjoy an Nubian evening and explore the bazaar after dark.
- Day 4. Sail down the Nile on a felucca
- Optional flight to Abu Simbel. Sail on a felucca on Nile and sleep on board.
- Day 5. Kom Ombo Temple and transfer to Luxor
- Visit Kom Ombo Temple, and transfer to Luxor.
- Day 6. Explore the sights of the Valley of the Kings
- Take the ferry across the Nile and enjoy a donkey ride to visit Queen Hatshepsut Temple and the impressive Valley of the Kings.
- Day 7. Luxor
- Visit Karnak Temple by calesh; afternoon free.
- Day 8. Cairo
- Fly to Cairo in the morning; rest of day to explore
- Day 9. Fly to London
- Sadly it is time to depart, say your farewells and return home.
- Extensions & tailor-making.
- Extend your trip to snorkel with tropical fish in the Red Sea - Hurghada or Makadi Bay - please contact us for details.
- Is it right for your family?
- This is a fun and active journey. Most children know a little about ancient Egypt from school and this will really bring it all to life. Life on the felucca is simple, but fascinating - and very relaxing! Life-jackets are provided. There are a few early starts to avoid the heat of the day. A fun-filled holiday where you see the highlights of this amazing country.
- Accommodation: Hotels (6 nights), felucca (1 night), sleeper train (1 night)
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 evening meals included
- Flights: Flights from London and Manchester, connections available from other regional airports. Please contact us for details.
- Travel By: Minibus, donkey, on foot, calesh, train, plane, felucca
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip Code: FEFP