This adventurous multi-activity holiday will see you explore the mountains with a number of guided trips, plus some free time to relax or add in extra activities.
The activities take place under the guidance of expert instructors and in outstanding surroundings. You'll be based in the heart of the Spanish Pyrenees in the small town of Benasque, a beautiful place surrounded by lakes, forests, glaciers and rivers. Plus, we've worked in free time to relax or for extra activities if you're feeling especially energetic. It may be possible to accommodate younger children on this trip if certain activities are skipped.
- Stay in a pretty Spanish mountain town
- Perfect combination of activity and free time
- Slide, abseil and jump down rivers
- Get a bird's eye view on a climbing course
- Cool off in style as you raft through mountains
- Enjoy Pyrenean scenery on foot
Here's a taster of your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Barcelona. Travel to Benasque.
Day 2 - Walk at Aigualluts Coll de Toro.
Day 3 - Introductory rafting trip.
Day 4 - Go canyoning.
Day 5 - Take a climbing course.
Day 6 - Cycling tour near Benasque.
Day 7 - To Barcelona. Return flight home.
- Day 1. To Benasque
- You'll be met at Barcelona El Prat airport (BCN) for your group transfer to Benasque. The journey to Benasque takes about three and a half hours. You'll be driving inland and into the heart of the Spanish Pyrenees. Arrive into Benasque late afternoon or early evening. Spend the next six nights in your comfortable hotel with swimming pool in the village.
- Day 2. Aigualluts Col de Toro Walk
- Today you have a guided walk along one of the most popular routes in the Benasque Valley. Starting from Besurta, an easy path takes you along relatively flat terrain to the Aigualluts Plain where you can see the famous Forau d'Aigualluts waterdall and the Aneto peak in the background (the highest mountain in the Pyrenees). From here, you'll continue upwards through the Escaleta Valley to Coll de Toro, a pass between the Benasque and Aran Valleys used by shepherds. Return to Besurta. The distance covered on this walk is about 9 kilometres with a height gain of 350 metres. The trip lasts about five hours.
- Day 3. Rafting
- From Benasque, you'll be driven to Campo about 25 minutes away. Here you start your rafting. The descent is 8 kilometres long with about an hour and a half on the river. The rafting is easy, designed for families and ideal for beginners.
- Day 4. Canyoning
- This trip is great for the whole family. Slide, abseil and jump down rivers and waterfalls amidst a beautiful landscape. There is a low to medium volume of water. Abseils are up to 10 metres long, jumps up to 4 metres high and water slides up to 4 metres long. The trip lasts about four hours.
- Day 5. Climbing
- Today you have a climbing course. You'll learn basic safety skills and climb near Sacs, a 15 minute walk from Benaque. There are a great variety of routes from very easy to very difficult.
- Day 6. Cycling
- You have a mountain bike ride through the forest of Conques - one of the largest forests in the Pyrenees. You'll pass through the historic centre of Anciles and have fun descending simple ancient trails. There are 14-20 kilometres of cycling with around 450 metres of height gain. The trip is easy to medium in difficulty.
- Day 7. Depart
- You'll be driven back to Barcelona El Prat airport, again a single timed transfer is included for the group.
- Where will we stay?: 6 nights in a hotel with heated pool
- What meals are included?: 6 breakfasts
- How do we travel?: Raft, bike, on foot and by minibus
- Trip code: FSAP
- Age guide: 8 - 18
- Note: Participants must be able to swim