"We all enjoyed the range of winter activities - so much more fun than a skiing holiday!" - Allan Family
A winter family activity holiday taking you into the remote Tatras Mountains.
The stunning Tatras Mountains are a magical, snowy landscape where you can take part in a variety of winter activities.
Try both downhill and cross-country skiing in the finest setting in Eastern Europe. Whether travelling by ski, snowshoe, husky sled or horse and cart, there is a great outdoors to be explored. Venture into the snow-laden pine forests on a wilderness adventure from Tatranska Lomnica and take advantage of the thermal waters at Bukowina, where you can play on water slides and relax in hydromassage pools.
- Try different types of skiing in the Tatras
- Horse and cart ride from Zdiar
- Hike to the mystical Zelene Pleso hut
- Relax in the thermal pools in Bukowina
- Husky sledding in the stunning Velka Fatra
- Optional visit to caves and villages
Here's a taste of your itinerary. For more details, please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Poprad. Travel to Tatranska Lomnica.
Day 2 - Downhill skiing from Tatranska Lomnica.
Day 3 - Cross country-skiing in Strbske Pleso.
Day 4 - Visit Velka Fatra National Park.
Day 5 - Winter walk to Zelene Pleso.
Day 6 - Snowshoeing & horse & cart ride.
Day 7 - Free day with optional activities.
Day 8 - Fly back to the UK from Poprad.
- Day 1. Depart UK. Meet at Tatranska Lomnica
- Your tour leader will meet you at your hotel in Tatranska Lomnica, for a welcome briefing meeting. Tatranska Lomnica is an attractive town situated in the high Tatras Mountains and is well known as a skiing and hiking resort.
- Day 2. Downhill skiing from Tatranska Lomnica
- The slopes at Tatranska Lomnica attract skiers of every level of skill and experience. Ski from an altitude of 2196metres, through Lomnicke Sedlo on a 6km downhill route to Tatranska Lomnica. You can take a ride in the cable car up to Lomnicky Stit Peak, giving panoramic views of the surrounding mountain range.
- Day 3. Cross country skiing in the Beautiful surroundings of Strbske Pleso Tarn
- Today you return to the snow, but this time to try some cross country skiing, around the mountain lake of Strbske Pleso. The area around the lake is suitable for beginner and intermediate Cross Country skiers. Enjoy the beautiful vistas, peace and quiet as you explore this winter wonderland.
- Day 4. Day trip to the National Park of Velka Fatra. Experience dog-sledding and relax in outdoor thermal pools
- The National Park of Velka Fatra is stunning in the winter and the varied landscape consists of dramatic ridges, hillside meadows, caves and distinctive rock formations, partially covered with snow. You have the chance to enjoy exploring this landscape by dog sledding, which is great fun in itself. After our day exploring the National Park, you can look forward to a spot of relaxation at the thermal water park. Here you can find both indoor and outdoor thermal pools, as well as saunas, Jacuzzis and a wellness centre, to leave you feeling warm and refreshed.
- Day 5. Winter walk to the mountain hut of Zelene Pleso
- Today you venture out into the High Tatras wilderness, to get closer to nature in the remote mountain hut accommodation. Once you check in at the hut, the rest of the day is free to explore the surroundings and have fun in the snow. Rransfer to the mountain village of Zdiar, full of traditional wooden houses, and barns. In Zidiar you visit a local museum to learn about the traditional way of life of the Goral inhabitants. You then take a horse and carriage ride through the woods.
- Day 6. Morning Snowshoeing and Horse and Carriage Ride in woods
- Rise early to enjoy some more exploration of the remote part of the Tatras Mountain, by snowshoe, before descending back to Biela Vola.
- Day 7. Free day - optional activities
- Your last day in Slovakia is free for you to choose from the activities on offer. You might wish to head back to the slopes to practice some more skiing or snowboarding, or maybe experience a winter walk to some local waterfalls.
- Day 8. Fly from Poprad to UK
- Leave your hotel and head to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Where will we stay? : 6 nights in hotels, 1 night in a mountain hut
- What meals are included?: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- How do we travel?: Car, ski, husky sled, on foot, horse & cart
- Flights: With British Airways, Easyjet or Wizz Air
- Trip code: FSWS
- Age guide: 7 - 18