Suit to suit every family member, this family adventure holiday has it all - discovery, nature & activities! Featuring trekking up Mount Etna, explore ancient castles, explore Sicily's breathtaking scenery and much more.
- Enjoy Sicily's breathtaking scenery and warm climate
- Spend a day on the farm
- Go trekking on Mount Etna and see its amazing craters
- Visit a Greek/Roman theatre in Taormina
A week on Italy's most iconic island, with plenty of variety to keep the whole family entertained. Walk through canyons and gorges, then travel back in time as you explore castles and ancient theatres from Greek and Roman times.
Spend a day on the farm, help to feed the animals and sow crops, make a pot and be amazed by the grottos and craters on Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe.
The people of Sicily are intensely proud of their island and culture, so you're sure to enjoy a warm welcome...plus plenty of ice cream!
- Day 1. Travel to our base in Siracusa.
- Fly to Catania; transfer to our farmhouse in the Siracusa area
- Day 2. Canyons of Cassible
- Visit the canyons of Cassible Nature Reserve. Afternoon pottery lesson.
- Day 3. Siracusa and Maniace Castle.
- A day exploring Siracusa and Maniace Castle.
- Day 4. Alcantara Gorge and Taormina.
- Explore the Alcantara Gorge and visit Taormina.
- Day 5. Be a farmer for a day!
- Help out on the farm, feed the animals and learn out life on a Sicilian farm. For older children learn to make an authentic Sicilian pizza!
- Day 6. Mount Etna
- Trekking on Mount Etna; optional zip wires.
- Day 7. Pantalica Necropolis
- Visit the beautiful Pantalica Necropolis; swimming.
- Day 8. Transfer to Catania airport.
- End of tour and transfer to Catania airport for your flight home.
- Is it right for your family?
- This holiday offers a great combination of culture, activity and nature. Other than the trek up Mount Etna the terrain is fairly gentle, if a little uneven underfoot, so we recommend good footwear. It can be rather hot in summer so remember your sun-cream, sun-hats and drinking bottles.
- Accommodation: Farmhouse (7nights).
- Meals: 7 breakfasts included.
- Flights: Flights available on request
- Travel By: Minibus, on foot, optional cable car and horse
- Age Guideline: Approx. 7 to 16 Years
- Trip code: FISY