One this centre-based family activity holiday to Spain you can choose how active you want to be. See Mulhacen, walk in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, visit a local farm, make paella, learn local crafts, go mountain biking and much more.
- See Mulhacen - Spain's highest mountain
- Walk in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Visit a local farm
- Make a paella
- Try basket weaving and learn local crafts
- Go mountain biking & horse riding
From your base, a beautifully restored traditional villa in the heart of rural Spain, you can choose from a list of walks, activities and learning experiences. Explore on foot the almond orchards, olive groves, terraces and traditional whitewashed villages in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains.
You'll experience many aspects of local life, learning crafts, cookery and farming. There's also an evening of star gazing, plus opportunities for walking, horse riding and cycling, or an optional visit to the Alhambra Palace in Granada.
Your menu of activities
Choose five from the list below...
- - Go on a treasure hunt
- - Ride a local donkey - 'burro'
- - Learn Spanish with role play
- - Tour an organic vineyard
- - Spend a day on the farm
- - Learn to cook paella & tortilla
- - Decorate a wigwam and make your own prayer flags
- - Try basket weaving
- - Have a go at making cheese
- - Help to milk a goat
- Day 1. Fly to Almeria
- Join trip at Almeria airport and transfer to our Alpujarras base at Mairena.
- Days 2-7. Mairena
- Choose five morning activities from the list above. Other optional activities include horse riding, multi-adventure day with high ropes and swings, mountain biking, archery, pony trekking and helping to make local cheese. And there are plenty of walks nearby for all abilities, with maps and walking notes provided.
- Day 8. Almeria.
- Transfer to Almeria airport.
- Is it right for your family?
- Situated in the beautiful Alpujarras, ideal for families looking for a non-commercial area in southern Spain. Centre-based in traditionally decorated guesthouse so you can choose how active you want to be with a choice of walks to suit all abilities. Especially suitable for young children as onsite babysitting can normally be offered (the owners of the villa have a young family themselves).
- Accommodation: Guesthouse (7 nights)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts and 7 evening meals included
- Flights: Flights available on request
- Travel By: Car/minibus, on foot, optional horse riding & cycling
- Age Guideline: Approx. 1 to 10
- Trip Code: FSAE