Rift Valley Explorer
This family safari shows some of the incredible variety offered by Kenya as well as fantastic game-viewing at Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha and the famous Masai Mara.
- Great value for money safari holiday
- Experience the great African outdoors
- Wild Camping in the Masai Mara Reserve
- Visit a Masai village and meet the elders
- Get close to lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras .....
- Watch flamingoes take flight off the beautiful Rift Valley Lakes
This holiday is great value for money; it explores the diversity of Kenya's landscapes and wildlife: incredible views of Mount Kilimanjaro from Amboseli National Park; the serene beauty of the Rift Valley lakes, with its flamingo-filled Lake Nakuru; the grassy plains of the Masai Mara, teeming with game; and the beautiful white sandy beaches and crystal clear sea along the Mombasa coast (optional extension).
This is not just a safari; it's a fantastic learning experience about Africa for the whole family, with the opportunity to find out about its natural history and with a rare insight into the way of life of the Masai.
- Day 1. Fly to Nairobi
- Day 2. Nairobi
- Visit Elephant Orphanage & Giraffe Centre.
- Day 3/4. Amboseli NP
- Amboseli National Park; game drives; visit a Masai village.
- Day 5. Lake Naivasha; game viewing.
- Day 6. Lake Nakuru NP; see flamingos
- Day 7-9. Masai Mara
- Game viewing in the Masai Mara; visit a local school and meet a Masai elder.
- Day 10. Drive to Nairobi; overnight flight to London.
- Day 11. Arrive London
- Is it right for your family?
- This is Kenya adventure-style, camping in great locations. A few days of long drives as the roads can be bumpy, but a great opportunity to see a variety of wildlife and landscapes and to learn about how the Masai have lived for generations in harmony with their surroundings.
- Extensions & tailor-making
- Extend your trip for a few days on Kenya's beautiful coast at Mombasa - highly recommended! Please contact us for details and prices.
- Accommodation: Hotel 1 night Camping 7 nights
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 evening meals included.
- Flights: Scheduled flights from London. Alternative regional airport departures may be available. Please contact us for details.
- Travel By: Safari Minibus, boat, on foot
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16 years
- Trip Code: FKRV