Prague & Tatras Adventure
"Faultlessly planned and seemless, this holiday has been so mentally relaxing and yet physically active. The tour guides took all the stress of planning and organising away. We just turned up and it was done!"
The Malik family, August 2016
Explore the cobbled streets of Prague before boarding an overnight train to the Carpathian Mountains of Slovakia on this family activity holiday. Here, you can enjoy beautiful mountain walks and bike rides. Learn about the medieval castles of Spis and Niedzica. Cycle to Kezmarok and raft through the Dunajec Gorge. Your adventure concludes in Krakow with optional excursions to the Wieliczka Salt Mine or Auschwitz.
- See three countries in a week
- Discover the cobbled streets of Prague
- Explore the Tatras and Carpathian Mountains
- Go rafting through Dunajec Gorge
- Cycle through the Slovakian landscape
- Visit medieval castles on foot
Here's a taster of your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Prague. Free afternoon.
Day 2 - City tour. Overnight train to Slovakia.
Day 3 - Waterfalls & hike to Skalnate Pleso.
Day 4 - Spis Castle & cycle to Kezmarok.
Day 5 - Optional trip to Slovak Paradise Park.
Day 6 - Rafting, cycling & Niedzica Castle.
Day 7 - Free day to explore Krakow.
Day 8 - Return flight to the UK
- Day 1. Fly to Prague and meet at the hotel
- Travel to Prague and meet at the group hotel for the welcome and introduction meeting. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Prague or relax.
- Day 2. City tour, overnight train to Carpathians
- Enjoy a tour of Prague's highlights, including 9th century Prague Castle, the iconic Gothic St Vitus's Cathedral and the famous Charles Bridge. In the evening transfer to the train station to board the overnight train to the High Tatras Mountains in Slovakia.
- Day 3. Waterfalls and hike to Skalnate Pleso
- After arriving in Slovakia we transfer to the hotel in Tatranska Lomnica. From here we set off to hike the popular Tatranksa Magistrala trail. Take the tram to Stary Smokovec and walk to the beautiful cascading waterfalls of Studeny Potok. Walk through forest and up mountain trails, visiting a mountain hut and relaxing by a lake for a picnic. There will be the option to take a cable car to Lomnicky Stit, the second highest peak in the Tatras and offering amazing panoramic views.
- Day 4. Spis Castle, Levoca and cycle to Kezmarok
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Spis Castle and enjoy a short guided tour exploring the lovely medieval town of Levoca. Then transfer to the heart of the Levoca Mountains and cycle down to Kezmarok, following the road used by the Czech and the Russian Red Army. Enjoy exploring Kezmarok and the castle before transferring back to your hotel.
- Day 5. Optional excursion to Slovak Paradise Park
- Today is free at your leisure to relax or exploring the surrounding area. There will be an optional excursion to Slovak Paradise Park, an area full of gorges, canyons, caves and waterfalls. Walk through the passages of the canyon of Prielom Hornadu, looking out for the tracks of brown bear, lynx, wolf and more.
- Day 6. Rafting, cycling and Niedzica Castle
- Transfer to the small village of Cerveny Klastor and begin your rafting adventure through Dunajec Gorge, meandering between the sheer mountainsides of the National Park and enjoying views that change from one minute to the next. After lunch cycle back to Cerveny Klastor and transfer to Niedzica in Poland to visit Niedzica Castle, situated on a hill just upstream from the Dunajec River mouth. Then transfer to your hotel in Krakow.
- Day 7. Krakow and optional excursions
- Today enjoy exploring Krakow, where the entire medieval Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage. Wander along cobbled streets and visit the city's many churches and squares. There will be optional visits to the fascinating underground world Wieliczka Salt Mines or Auschwitz concentration camp.
- Day 8. Depart Krakow and return to UK
- Enjoy some more free time in Krakow before departing for your flight back to the UK.
- Where will we stay? : 6 nights in hotels
- What meals are included?: 7 breakfasts
- How do we travel?: Minibus, train, on foot, raft and bike
- Flights: With British Airways
- Trip code: FSEE
- Age guide: 8 - 18