Enjoy a Nile Cruise visiting the Pyramids at Giza, be dazzled by the treasures of Tutankhamun, wander through colourful bazaars, discover ancient Karnak, visit the Valley of the Kings, relax in delightful Aswan, sleep on an overnight train.
- Great value for money Nile Cruise
- See the Pyramids and Tutankhamen's treasures
- Sleep in comfortable cabins as you gently float down the Nile
- Visit Karnak and the Valley of the Kings
- Ride camels & donkeys
- Learn to write in hieroglyphics
Enjoy a Nile Cruise visiting the Pyramids at Giza, be dazzled by the treasures of Tutankhamen, wander through colourful bazaars, discover ancient Karnak, ride a donkey, visit the Valley of the Kings, relax in delightful Aswan, sleep on an overnight train.
And, the highlight for all is the three days spent on a Nile cruise boat. Enjoy the views from deck as you quietly float pass temples and villages down the Nile. There is a small pool on board to cool you down from the heat of the day.
We also highly recommend that you extend your stay on the Red Sea coast where you can snorkel with tropical fish on coral reefs - an opportunity not to be missed!
- Day 1. Fly to Cairo
- Day 2. In Cairo
- Cairo; see Pyramids & Tutankhamen's treasures. Overnight train to Aswan.
- Day 3-5. Cruise Aswan to Luxor
- Optional camel trek. Then board boat for 3-night Nile cruise to Luxor. Visit Edfu and Kom Ombo Temples en route.
- Day 6. Cruise to Luxor
- Luxor; donkey ride, visit impressive Valley of the Kings.
- Day 7. Karnak Temple
- Calesh ride to Karnak Temple; free afternoon.
- Day 8. Cairo
- Fly to Cairo; rest of day to explore.
- Day 9. Fly to London
- Extensions & tailor-making
- Extend your trip to snorkel with tropical fish in the Red Sea - please contact us for details.
- Is it right for your family?
- Accommodation is in hotels, an overnight train and on a comfortable cruise boat. There's no strenuous activity! Please be aware that small children will need close supervision when on the cruise boat upper deck. Please note children as young as 2 years old have travelled on this trip and are welcome aboard!
- Accommodation: Hotels (4 nights), sleeper train (1 night), cruise boat (3 nights)
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 evening meals included
- Flight details: Flights from London and Manchester, connections available from other regional airports. Please contact us for details.
- Modes of Transport: Minibus, train, plane, donkey, cruise Boat, calesh
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip code: FENC