Land of the Incas
Family Holiday to Peru. Wonder at the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu, visit colonial Arequipa, sail to the floating Uros Islands, discover Cusco - the Inca capital and, optionally, the Amazon.
- Wonder at the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu
- Sail to the floating Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca
- Take the train to discover Cusco - Inca capital & colonial city
- Explore the Amazon jungle (extension)
An exciting journey to take in the highlights of Peru, from ice mummies to Inca fortresses.
Lake Titicaca is the world's highest lake and you'll visit its Indian villagers who live in reed houses on floating islands. Then experience a classic train ride through the Andes to the Inca capital, Cusco. Your first view of Machu Picchu is an unrivalled sight - the breathtaking mystery of an ancient civilisation.
Most children know a little about ancient Peru from school and this itinerary will really bring it to life as they learn about Inca civilisation, the Conquistadores and modern Peru, and (with the Amazon extension) they'll also get to explore the rainforest.
- Day 1. Fly to Lima
- Day 2. Lima
- In Lima; Palomino Islands boat trip.
- Day 3/4. Arequipa
- Fly to Arequipa; visit ice mummies museum and Santa Catalina Convent.
- Day 5. Puno & Lake Titicaca
- Drive to Puno.
- Day 6. Puno and Uros Islands
- Puno and enjoy a boat trip to the Uros Islands.
- Day 7/8. Cusco
- Train to Cusco and explore the ruins on horseback.
- Day 9/10. Urubamba River Valley
- Urubamba River Valley; Pisac market and ruins; visit salt mines.
- Day 11. Machu Picchu
- Train to Machu Picchu; explore site.
- Day 12. Cusco
- Train to Cusco.
- Day 13. Cusco
- Explore Cusco's markets and monuments.
- Day 14/15. Fly to London
- Fly to Lima. Overnight flight to London.
- Is it right for your family?
- Any longer journeys are by plane or train, so travelling is easy, although you should be aware that the effects of high altitude can make some people feel a little queasy for a while - we suggest you speak to one of our experts for more details.
- Amazon extension
- For the Amazon extension please contact us for details.
- Accommodation: Hotels (13nts)
- Meals: 13 breakfasts and 1 lunch included
- Flights: Scheduled flights from London. Alternative regional airport departures may be available. Please contact us for details.
- Modes of Transport: Minibus, On foot, Boat, Plane, Train
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip Code: FPLI