Suggested itinerary - The Inca Trail and Cusco Activities
Enjoy a few days discovering the Inca ruins on horse-back, mountain bike, trekking or river rafting. Next follow in the footsteps of the Inca's you will walk this legendary trail to the awe inspiring lost ancient city of Machu Picchu. Trekking up and down the mountain passes, beside rivers and through cloud forest and ancient ruins.
- Follow the Inca Trail and discover the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu
- Have fun rafting on the Urubamba River
- Mountain biking through the Sacred Valley
- Horse-riding on the trail of the Incas
Enjoy a few days discovering the Inca ruins on horse-back, mountain bike, trekking or rafting on the Urubamba River.
Following in the footsteps of the Incas you will walk this legendary trail to the awe-inspiring lost city of Machu Picchu. You'll trek up and down the mountain passes, beside rivers and through cloud forest and ancient ruins.
- Day 1. Fly to Lima
- Day 2. Fly to Cusco and afternoon walking city tour
- Day 3. Cusco Tour of the outlying ruins on horseback or minivan
- Day 4. Morning rafting on the Urubamba River
- City tour.
- Day 5. Mountain Biking into the Sacred Valley
- Day 6. Walk around the Ollantaytambo ruins
- Day 7 Transfer to the head of the Inca Trail
- Walk to Wallabamba
- Day 8. Walk to Pacaymayo
- Day 9. Walk to Winay Wayna
- Day 10. Explore the ruins at Machu Picchu
- Enjoy a tour of the site and return to Cusco by train through the Andes
- Day 11. Free day in Cusco
- Day 12. Fly to Lima
- Fly to Lima and overnight flight to London
- Day 13. Arrive London
- Is it right for your family?
- This holiday provides a great combination of adventous activity and culture. The Inca Trail is a "moderate" adult walk, which would of course be harder for little legs. You should be a fit family who are used to walking and able to walk 5-7 hours in a day for more than one day. Assisted by porters all you carry is your daysac. Your crew will put up and take down your tents and do all the cooking. Altitude can be a problem, but the trip is designed for maximum acclimatisation.
- Please Note: Inca Trail Permits are limited so book early to avoid disappointment. We recommend at least a minimum of 4 months in advance. Inca Trail Permits are currently US$94 per adult + 19% tax and US$48 per child (up to 18 years) + 19% tax.
- Price : Land only £1,899 (adult) £1,849 child based on a family of four.