See amazing mountain views, sample the atmosphere of old Kathmandu, enjoy a 'mini-trek' in the Himalayas for a day and a night. Try a white-water rafting option. See wildlife and jungle.
- Sample the atmosphere of old Kathmandu
- Meet a Sherpa who has been to the top of Everest
- Enjoy a gentle 'mini-trek' in the Himalayas
- See amazing mountain views, jungle and wildlife
This classic adventure is sure to take your breath away.
From wonderful old Kathmandu you'll be whisked off to a unique and peaceful village to stay on a farm... then onwards to Pokhara to see the incredible views of the famous 'Fishtail' - a sacred mountain in the Annapurnas.
You'll enjoy a 'mini-trek' - a one day expedition into the hills with an overnight camp near a spectacular lookout, visit typical Nepali villages, have a chance to try white-water rafting, and explore the jungle at Chitwan by jeep and from elephant-back.
- Day 1/2. Overnight flight to Kathmandu
- Day 3/4. Bhaktapur, Nuwakot
- Walking tour of old Bhaktapur. Pottery making. Farm stay in Nuwakot.
- Day 5. Trisuli Centre & rafting
- Drive to Trisuli Centre; village visit; gentle rafting.
- Day 6. Continue to Pokhara
- Day 7. A stroll in the Annapurna foothills
- Easy Annapurna foothills walk to overnight camp.
- Day 8. Pokhara
- Himalayan sunrise. Easy walk to Pokhara; party!
- Day 9. Bandipur
- Drive to Bandipur village.
- Day 10. Chitwan
- Continue to Royal Chitwan National Park; elephant-back rhino safari.
- Day 11. See wildlife by canoe and on foot.
- Day 12. Fly to Kathmandu
- Drive to Chitwan regional airport; fly to Kathmandu
- Day 13. Fly to London
- Is it right for your family?
- A brilliant itinerary interspersed with learning experiences for your children about Nepali life - from making pottery to meeting a Sherpa...
- Extensions & Tailor-making
- To extend in Bhutan or Tibet please contact us for details.
- Accommodation: Hotels or guesthouses (9 nights), camping (2 nights)
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 evening meals included
- Flights: Scheduled flights from London. Alternative regional airport departures may be available – please contact us for details.
- Travel By: Minibus, on foot, raft, canoe, elephant, light aircraft, jeep
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip Code: FNHA