"Our highlights of this trip have to be exploring Trogir and kayaking to the Blue Lagoon."
The Trangmar family, August 2015
An exciting family activity holiday that explores the coastline of the Trogir Riviera along the Dalmatian Coast. Enjoy walks through the stunning Krka National Park and have fun splashing around in the Krka waterfalls. You'll be based in the quaint medieval fishing village of Seget Donji. There are a number of good restaurants and a small market in the old town. Your apartment is ideally situated to explore the islands and it's only a short distance to the UNESCO World Heritage cities of Trogir and Split.
- Kayak to the Blue Lagoon
- Splash around in the Krka Waterfalls
- Snorkel in the aquamarine waters
- Paddle to World Heritage city of Trogir
- Enjoy a city tour of Sibenik
- Taste some local fresh fish
Here's a taster of your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Split. Explore Seget Donji.
Day 2 - Kayak to Trogir & boat trip to Split.
Day 3 - Boat trip to Krknjasi.
Day 4 - Visit Sibenik & the Krka waterfalls.
Day 5 - Free day to explore. We can arrange an optional fishing trip for any keen anglers.
Day 6 - Boat trip to the Drvenik islands.
Day 7 - Free day to enjoy as you wish.
Day 8 - Return flight home from Split.
- Day 1. Fly to Split, free afternoon to explore
- Fly to Split Airport and meet at the group accommodation in Seget Donji. The rest of the day is free for you to relax or explore the harbour, old town and pebble beach.
- Day 2. Kayak to Trogir, boat trip to Split
- After collecting your sea kayaks you will be given a safety briefing and an introduction to the equipment, with a chance to practice paddling before your first journey to Trogir. Kayak along the canal, under bridges until you reach the sandy beaches of Pantana where you can relax and swim. Pass the city market and northern part of Trogir before returning to Seget Donji for some free time to relax. Then take a boat trip to Split and explore this impressive UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Day 3. Boat trip to Krknjasi Island
- Join your boat at the waterfront and relax as you sail around the Trogir Riviera Islands, stopping at Krknjasi Beach to relax and swim.
- Day 4. Visit Sibenik and the Krka Waterfalls
- Drive to Sibenik for a short guided tour, including St Nicholas Fortress. Then drive to Krka National Park, renowned for its magnificent waterfalls cascading over 17 natural barriers. Enjoy walks through the national park and have free time to swim in the rivers and waterfalls.
- Day 5. Free day; optional fishing trip
- Today is a free day to relax and explore at your leisure, or alternatively embark on a fishing expedition, where you'll learn to perfect your fishing technique and prepare your catch for dinner.
- Day 6. Boat trip to the Drvenik Islands
- Take the boat across to the picturesque Drvenik Veli Islands, where you'll kayak around to the Blue Lagoon and enjoy a picnic lunch on the shores of the Solinska Beach. In the afternoon you'll have the opportunity to go swimming and snorkelling in the azure warm waters before retuning to Seget Donji by boat.
- Day 7. Free day, evening farewell dinner
- Enjoy a day at your leisure to relax on the beach or explore the local area, before a group farewell dinner of traditional homemade delights.
- Day 8. Fly to UK
- Depart Seget Donji for Split Airport and fly back to the UK.
- Extend your stay
- You can combine this tour with one of our other Croatia trips.
- Is this right for your family?
- You will stay in self - catering apartments located in the heart of Seget Donji. Breakfast is provided at a local restaurant or you may prefer to cater for yourself at the apartment. No prior kayaking experience is necessary and there are two-man kayaks available. We recommend one parent / adult kayaks with one child. Local produce can be purchased at the local market or from Trogir, which is only 2km away.
- Where will we stay?: 7 nights in a self-catered apartmenet
- What meals are included?: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- How do we travel?: Minibus, boat, kayak and on foot
- Flights: With British Airways, Croatia Airlines or Norwegian Airlines
- Trip code: FCHL
- Age guide: 8 - 18