Crusaders & Camels
Discover the amazing rock-cut city of Petra on this family adventure. Explore the dramatic desert in Wadi Rum, see Crusader castles and Roman cities.
- Discover the amazing rock-cut city of Petra
- Sleep under the stars in a Bedouin camp
- Explore the dramatic desert in Wadi Rum
- Visit Crusader castles and Roman cities
An action-packed adventure, but set in a relaxed environment with wonderful food and friendly, hospitable hosts.
See the superb Roman remains in Jerash and explore the incredible temples of Petra, with the highlight of your journey almost certainly the desert landscape of Wadi Rum - where the movie Lawrence of Arabia and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen were filmed.
You'll spend your time in this fantastic wilderness on jeep safaris, camel trekking and star-gazing from your Bedouin-style camp, snorkelling amongst the colourful coral in exotic Aqaba, and, towards the end of this amazing adventure, enjoy floating in the Dead Sea.
- Day 1. Fly to Amman
- Day 2. Visit Amman and Ancient Jerash
- Visit ancient Roman city of Jerash. Drive to Madaba.
- Day 3. Kerak Crusader Castle
- Visit Mount Nebo and Kerak Crusader Castle. Continue to Petra.
- Day 4. Petra
- Full Day visit to Petra, walk through the narrow gorge or 'siq' and see amazing rock carved buildings like the Treasury.
- Day 5. Wadi Rum
- Drive to Bedouin camp at Wadi Rum for 4WD desert adventure.
- Day 6. Aqaba
- Optional camel trek; drive to Aqaba on the coast.
- Day 7. Dead Sea
- Take the King's Highway to the Dead Sea. Afternoon free.
- Day 8. Return flight to London.
- Is it right for your family?
- Jordan is an easy country to travel in, with good roads, comfortable hotels and friendly people. The travelling distances are relatively short (a maximum of 4 hours). Our stay in the desert at Wadi Rum is in a remote area with simple, ecofriendly facilities.
- Accommodation: Hotels (6 nights), Bedouin style desert camp (1 night)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 evening meal included
- Flight details: Flights from London, connections available from regional airports. Please contact us for details.
- Modes of Transport: Minibus, 4WD, camel, on foot
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip Code: FJJD