Croatia River Adventure
"A truly magical watersports week with stunning scenery, friendly staff and family friendly fun. Croatia is beautiful."
The Bradley family, May 2016
This family activity holiday will take you along the Mreznica River, through Plitvice Lakes National Park and to the Una River in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Explore this incredible country on foot, by bike, kayak and by raft. The Mreznica is considered one of Croatia's cleanest rivers with plenty of great places for messing about in the water. The river is 64km long and is special for its 93 waterfalls and pools of warm water between them, which are perfect for swimming away from beach crowds. Clear water, unspoilt woods and magical landscapes make this one of Croatia's most desirable retreats.
- Go kayaking through a canyon
- Try river rafting
- Splash about in waterfalls
- Discover magical landscapes
- Explore unspoilt forests
- Walk in a beautiful national park
Here's a taster of your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Zagreb. Travel on to Mreznica River.
Day 2 - Kayaking on the Mreznica River.
Day 3 - Walks in Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Day 4 - Bike ride through villages & valleys.
Day 5 - Free day with optional excursions.
Day 6 - Rafting along the Una River.
Day 7 - Kayaking the Mreznica river canyon.
Day 8 - To Zagreb. Fly to UK.
- Day 1. Fly to Zagreb; to the Mreznica River
- Fly to Zagreb Airport and transfer to your accommodation in Zvecaj village by the Mreznica River. The rest of the day is at your leisure to relax or go for a walk or swim in the river.
- Day 2. Kayaking on the Mreznica River
- After a short introduction to paddling you'll kayak upstream for an afternoon of refreshing fun on the clear, warm waters of the Mreznica River with numerous waterfalls. Spend time swimming, jumping off the waterfalls and enjoying the beautiful nature.
- Day 3. Walks in Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Walk through countryside roads towards Plitvice Lakes, Croatia's first National Park. Explore turquoise lakes linked together with cascading falls and travertine pools and look out for wildlife at this UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site. Take a boat ride on Lake Kozjak and return to Zvecaj.
- Day 4. Cycling through the Mreznica area
- Experience Croatia up-close on a bike tour through villages and along country roads, taking breaks and looking out over the valleys and fields. Swim in the river and enjoy a picnic lunch on the bank, and those who still want to explore the area after the tour can cycle to other places of interest on their own.
- Day 5. Free day; with optional excursions
- Today can be as active as you like - you can relax by the river, swim, play beach volleyball, take another optional bike tour, sea kayak in the Adriatic Sea, hike in national parks, go river canoeing or sightseeing.
- Day 6. Rafting along the Una River
- The Una River forms a natural border between Croatia and Bosnia - choose from several sections for a rafting adventure on clear green water through a landscape of dense forests.
- Day 7. Kayaking the Mreznica river canyon.
- Start your expedition into the upper Mreznica canyon by kayak, paddling through deep narrow gorges and past cliffs of carved white rocks, lush vegetation and cascading waterfalls to a strong freshwater spring. Then continue to the second highest waterfall on the Mreznica, a magical place ideal for swimming and a picnic. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
- Day 8. To Zagreb Airport and fly to UK
- Transfer from Zvecaj Village to Zagreb Airport for your flight home.
- Extend your stay
- You can combine this tour with one of our other Croatia trips.
- Where will we stay?: 7 nighta in hotels
- What meals are included? : 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners
- How do we travel?: Minibus, on foot, raft, bicycle, canoe and kayak
- Flights: With British Airways or Croatian Airlines
- Trip code: FCRV
- Age guide: 8 - 18