Costa Rica In Style
Stay in superior accommodation and get off the tourist trail.
Visit Irazu Volcano, try rafting and head into the cloud forest around San Gerardo de Dota for some of the best wildlife spotting in the country. Your family will love exploring the wild, beautiful Osa Peninsula and you?ll end the trip relaxing on the beach in Manuel Antonio, reflecting on a very special family adventure. The accommodation, an eclectic mix of family friendly hotels and lodges, will be a particular highlight.
- Explore the wildlife rich Osa Peninsula
- Walk in atmospheric cloud forests
- Raft the Pejibaye river
- Spot wildlife in its natural habitat
- Time to enjoy the beach
- Stay in special accommodation
Here's a quick look at your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to San Jose.
Day 2 - See the lunar landscapes at Irazu Volcano.
Day 3 - Gentle rafting on Pejibaye River.
Day 4 - Visit sugar plantations & cloud forests.
Day 5 - Bird watching to spot quetzals.
Day 6 - Travel to the Osa Peninsula.
Day 7 - Optional activities on the Osa Peninsula.
Day 8 - Travel to Manuel Antonio National Park.
Day 9 - Time to relax on the beach.
Day 10/11 - To San Jose. Overnight flight home.
Why not extend your stay?
Why not make the most of your time with an extra few days in Costa Rica? Set on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast, the Tamarindo Diria is set in a beautiful location which overlooks the ocean. The hotel offers stunning scenery and plenty of family friendly facilities, including a large swimming pool, nearby tennis courts, a tour desk and a variety of local restaurants, making it the perfect place to unwind after an active family holiday. Alternatively for a more luxurious option, consider Capitan Suizo. Please contact us for more details on all possible extensions.
- Day 1 - Fly to San Jose
- Arrive into Costa Rica?s capital, San Jose. We can either arrange a transfer for you (at extra cost), or you can make your own way to your hotel in the city where you?ll meet others members of the group.
- Day 2 - Lunar landscapes at Irazu Volcano
- Head to the towering Irazu Volcano at 3,240 metres above sea level, this is Costa Rica?s highest volcano. Here you?ll explore the lunar landscape. Next, you?ll make a stop at the ancient capital of Cartago before continuing to Guayabo National Monument a pre-Columbian site. Finally, arrive at Turrialba, your base for the next two nights.
- Day 3 - Gentle rafting on Pejibaye River
- Take a rafting trip on the Pejibaye River today. This is a great introductory trip with rapids of class 2 and 3. The fun ride takes you along the Turrialba Valley. You have time for swimming and riding inner tubes on the way.
- Day 4 - Sugar plantations & cloud forests
- Set off across sugar cane plantations to the beautiful Orosi Valley backed by mountains and Cachi Lake. Travelling onwards along the Pan American Highway for a while, you then travel along a small road to.
- Day 5 - Bird watching to spot quetzals
- Today you?ll walk in one of Costa Rica?s most biologically rich areas. Here there are more than 400 species of birds and much more besides. The famous Resplendent Quetzal resides here and you?ll try to spot some today.
- Day 6 - Travel to Osa Peninsula
- Leave the cloud forests behind and begin a scenic journey through the highlands of Costa Rica and El General Valley before descending to Finca Seis. Here you can admire indigenous stone spheres and then carry on the Sierpe River. You have a boat tour through Sierpe mangroves, the river delta here is home to crocodiles and wading birds. Continue to your accommodation.
- Day 7 - Optional activities in Osa
- You have the day at leisure on the wild and beautiful Osa Peninsula. A number of optional (not included) activities are available from your lodge including kayaking, jungle walks and a canopy tour.
- Day 8 - Travel to Manuel Antonio National Park
- From Osa, you?ll travel west today to Ballena Marine National Park. In season, you can see whales here. Carry on by road to Manuel Antonio.
- Day 9 - Time to relax on the beach
- Take an early morning guided tour of the national park. The rainforest here is home to numerous animals such as monkeys, birds and more. You have the rest of the day at leisure to enjoy the beaches.
- Day 10/11 - To San Jose. Return flight home
- You?ll be driven back to San Jose today, a journey of about three and a half hours. From here you fly overnight back to the UK.
- Where will we stay?: 10 nights in hotels and lodges
- What meals are included?: 9 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- How do we travel?: Minibus, raft, boat and on foot
- Trip code: FCIS
- Age guideline: 8 - 18