Tailor-made family holidays to Cambodia
- See the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat
- Explore Angkor Thom on elephant back
- Get a bird's eye view from a tethered balloon
Extend your stay in South East Asia with a trip to Cambodia. Explore Angkor Wat temples, take a ride an Ox and Cart through local villages and ride an elephant to the ancient city of Angkor Thom.
We can adapt this itinerary to suit you and your families interests. Please contact us for more details.
See below for a map of the extension:
*Map may not be to scale
- Day 1. Day to explore Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)
- This is a free day where you may explore the local markets or participate in an optional excursion such as the Cu Chi Tunnels (about 1 and a half hours from Saigon).
- Day 2. Fly to Siem Reap; visit Angkor Wat Temple
- Mid morning transfer to Ho Chi Minh City airport for a flight to Siem Reap. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel to settle in before heading to the famous Angkor Wat Temple, the best preserved of all the Angkor temples. You'll have time for a thorough exploration before watching the sunset in one of the most special places in the world.
- Day 3. Visit Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom Temples on elephant back
- In the morning enjoy an elephant back ride through the ancient city of Angkor Thom. Starting from the South Gate, the centre piece of this ancient city, the Bayon. The Bayon encloses 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatically smiling stone faces. This morning's tour also includes a visit to the jungle-enveloped Ta Phrom, made famous by the movie Tomb Raider. After a picnic lunch, visit Banteay Srei and the Angkor Centre for Conservation of Biodiversity. Here you can see many endangered species native to South East Asia including the Asian palm civet, the small leopard cat, the unusual Malayan Pangolin and endangered primates like the Bengal Loris. You'll culminate this fun day with a bird's eye view of the countryside from a tethered balloon (approximately 10 minutes in the air).
- Day 4. Ox-cart journey through the countryside and visit to Tonlesap Lap Lake
- Today is a chance to immerse yourself in the Cambodian countryside and get to really understand how people live. Take a ride on an ox and cart through local villages where you can observe local craftsmen and farmers in the rice fields. Some trails will take you to the Angkorian Temple of Vat Athvea as well as to local monasteries and pagodas. Then enjoy a visit to Tonlesap Lap Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Cambodia. Encircled by mangrove forest, the lake is home to over 100 different bird species, turtles, crocodiles and otter and an important source for the local fishing production.
- Day 5. Fly to UK
- Cost: Adult from £479 Child from £429
- Accommodation: Hotel (4 nights)
- Modes of Transport: Fly, car, elephant, ox and cart and on foot