Vesuvius & Pompeii
This family adventure holiday is a discovery & activity tour featuring a quiz in Pompeii, trips to Vesuvius & Capri plus cook authentic Italian pasta and tiramisu.
- Discover the ancient ruins of Pompeii
- Enjoy exploring the island of Capri
- Take a scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast and experience rural Italian life
- Learn to make pasta!
Based in Sorrento, you'll be perfectly positioned for visiting some of Italy's finest ancient sites, spectacular coastline and tiny islands.
Uncover the secrets of Pompeii and enjoy optional trips to Herculaneum and Naples. Speed across to chic Capri and discover the dramatic scenery on a cruise around the island.
Have fun with a cookery lesson learning to make authentic Italian pasta and tiramisu and you can eat what you've made of course!
- Day 1. Fly to Naples and join the tour in Sorrento.
- Fly to Naples airport and join the tour in Sorrento. Relax and settle in to your new surroundings, take a dip in the pool or go and explore the local area.
- Day 2. Italian Cookery lesson
- Join the hotel chef in his kitchen and have a lesson in making an authentic pasta dish and dessert. And the best part is enjoying the fruits of your labour.
- Day 3. Free day
- Take a boat trip along the Amalfi coast or visit Naples and the Archaeological Museum.
- Day 4. Pompeii and Vesuvius
- A full day exploring the ruins of Pompeii, walking up to Mt Vesuvius crater and visiting the volcanic museum. Returning to the hotel for a well deserved delicious evening meal.
- Day 5. Visit Capri
- Take the hydrofoil across to Capri and enjoy a round the island boat trip. With the option to take a peak into the Blue Grotto. Then free time to explore this chic island.
- Day 6. Amalfi Coast and hinterland
- Enjoy a scenic trip along the Italian Riveria - the Amalfi Coast. Heading inland for a walk through rural villages stopping off for a light lunch enjoying the beautiful panoramic views.
- Day 7. Free day
- Explore Sorrento or take a boat trip to Positano or visit Herculeaneum ruins.
- Day 8. End trip Sorrento.
- Fly home.
- Is it right for your family?
- Every child will have heard of Pompeii, which provides a unique snapshot of Roman life. You'll stay in Sorrento in a 4-star hotel with its own swimming pool, with views across the Bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius and only a short distance from the centre of Sorrento.
- Accommodation: Hotel (7 nights)
- Meals: 7 breakfasts and 2 lunches and 1 evening meal is included
- Flights: Flights available on request
- Travel By: Minibus, hydrofoil, boat, on foot, train (optional)
- Age Guideline: approx. 5 to 16
- Trip code: FIBN