"All of the trip was good, but we enjoyed the white-water rafting the most!"
The Pettitt family, August 2016
Explore the mountains of Slovenia on this family activity holiday.Swoop through the trees on zip-lines and experience the thrill of high rope bridges, go swimming in Lake Bled and have a go at summer tobogganing. Head down to the beautiful coast for a day to explore the limestone caves of Skocjan. Go sea kayaking and visit the coastal towns of Secovlje and Piran. Then, back to the mountains to cycle through the Alpine meadows and even have a go at rock climbing.
You are centrally located in the picturesque town of Bled and close to the pretty Lake Bled. This holiday includes many of the highlights of the Julian Alps and Kranjska Gora as well as exploring the caves and beaches along the coast. There are many full day activities but also some free time relaxing on the beach or visiting the neighbouring hotel pool.
- Rafting down the Soca River
- Walks around the lakes and mountains
- Cycle through summer Alpine meadows
- Challenge yourself at rock climbing
- Explore Skocjan Caves
- Enjoy a 1,000m toboggan run
Here's a taster of your itinerary. For more details please see the itineray tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Ljubljana. Transfer to Bled.
Day 2 - Walks around Lake Bohinj.
Day 3 - Go rafting on the Soca River.
Day 4 - Treetop adventure at Lake Bled.
Day 5 - Skocjan Caves & kayaking.
Day 6 - Cycling past rivers & valleys.
Day 7 - Rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela.
Day 8 - Return flight home.
- Day 1. Fly from the UK to Ljubljana
- You will be met on arrival and will join a single, group transfer to our hotel in Bled. Following a welcome reception and introduction to Slovenia by our guide, enjoy a welcome dinner.
- Day 2. Walks around Bohinj Lake
- Walk around the crystal clear waters of Bohinj Lake following a forest trail, through meadows and along the shoreline. The trail leads to an impressive waterfall at Slap Slavic and the source of the Sava River. Bring swimwear. Rowing boats are available.
- Day 3. Cross a mountain pass and go white water rafting on the Soca River
- Driving to the west of the Julian Alps, marvel at beautiful alpine views at Lake Jasna and cross Vrsic Pass, the highest mountain pass in Slovenia. After lunch and a safety briefing by qualified instructors, enjoy white water rafting on the emerald Soca River. Visit the 15th century Kluze Fort.
- Day 4. Tree top adventure, summer tobogganing and swimming in Lake Bled
- Embark on a tree top adventure with a series of zip lines, rope swings and high rope bridges. Experience the adrenaline thrill of summer tobogganing down a 1000m run and explore the beautiful lake Bled.
- Day 5. Visit Skocijan caves and kayak to Piran
- Explore limestone formations and stalactites with your guide in the karst cave system of Skocijan and wander through a series of canyons. Travel to Secovlje and kayak along the coast to the coastal town of Piran.
- Day 6. Alpine cycling from Kranjska Gora to the source of the Sava River and the Zelenci Nature Reserve
- From Kranjska Gora, cycle along mountain roads to Ratece and the source of the Sava River. Explore the beautiful Zelenci Nature Reserve and Planica Valley.
- Day 7. Rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela
- Travel a short distance to Bohinjska Bela, one of Slovenia's classic crags close to Lake Bled. Full instruction and equipment is provided by qualified instructors. There are many different routes which all cater to different abilities.
- Day 8. Departure and return to the UK
- Single group departure to to Lubljana Airport for the return flight to the UK.
- Where will we stay?: 7 nights in hotels
- What meals are included?: 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners
- How do we travel?: Minibus, on foot, kayak, bike and toboggan
- Flights: With Easyjet, British Airways, Adria Airways
- Trip code: FSAA
- Age guide: 8 - 18