"The sea kayaking was awe-inspiring as the sea was so clear and azure blue. The snorkelling was amazing and we now all have a fantastic shared memory of a wonderful week together. Thanks for a brilliant holiday."
The Gorringe family, August 2016
Discover the delights and traditions of Gozo, a laid-back Mediterranean island just north of Malta, where you can enjoy both land and sea activities on this family activity holiday. Explore coastal paths by bicycle, abseil down rocks, explore caves and bays in kayaks, meet the locals and gain an insight into life away from the tourist trail. On your free day, you could laze on an open deck catamaran as it cruises through the crystal clear waters or dive in with a snorkel and fins. You'll stay in a family-friendly, beach-front hotel located in the picturesque fishing village of Xlendi.
- Go climbing and abseiling
- Explore caves and bays by kayak
- Race along coastal and country tracks by mountain bike
- Play 'bocce' with the locals
- Swim and snorkel in the Mediterranean
- Take a catamaran trip (optional)
Here's just a taste of your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Malta. Transfer to Gozo.
Day 2 - Mountain biking along the coast.
Day 3 - Meet the locals & play bocce.
Day 4 - Free day to explore Victoria.
Day 5 - Go kayaking around caves & bays.
Day 6 - Free day. Locally available activities include water sports, museums, and boat trips from the island.
Day 7 - Try rock climbing & abseiling.
Day 8 - Transfer to Malta. Return flight home.
- Day 1. Fly to Malta; transfer to Gozo
- Arrive at Malta's Luqa Airport where you will be transferred by ferry and minibus to your hotel in Xlendi on the island of Gozo. The rest of the day is free for you to explore the surrounding area or relax.
- Day 2. Mountain biking along the coast
- Experience the varied scenery of Gozo by mountain bike as you cycle through rural fields, along stunning coastal paths and through the eerie landscape of the Roman salt pans. You'll then return by minibus to your hotel in Xlendi and enjoy an afternoon at your leisure.
- Day 3. Meet the Gozitans!
- Today takes you off the tourist trail to meet locals working in agriculture, food productions and traditional crafts. Interact with the local Gozitans to learn more about their way of life and enjoy sampling the local delicacies before playing a game of bocce.
- Day 4. Free day; explore Victoria
- There are a range of activities to choose from on your free day: explore the Citadella in Victoria, visit the world's oldest free-standing building "Gigantia" in the village of Xaghra, swim, snorkel and scuba dive at the beach, or take an optional cruise around Comino and visit the Blue Lagoon.
- Day 5. Kayaking around caves and bays
- Enjoy a day kayaking on the clear waters along Gozo's coastline, exploring the many caves and bays. Stops are made for swimming and for a picnic lunch and points of interest are explained along the way.
- Day 6. Free day
- Today is free to relax on the beach or explore more of Gozo. Locally available activities include water sports, museums, and boat trips from the island.
- Day 7. Learn rock-climbing and abseiling
- Gozo is a very rocky island and therefore a great place to learn to climb and abseil. Visit the best sites on the island to learn the basics of rope craft and how to safely navigate a rock face, and slowly progress to more difficult routes. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax or explore.
- Day 8. Transfer to Malta airport; fly to UK
- Transfer from your hotel to the ferry and then back to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Where will we stay?: 7 nights in hotels
- What meals are included?: 7 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- How do we travel?: Minibus, ferry, on foot, bicycle and kayak
- Flight: With Air Malta or Easyjet
- Trip code: FMAG
- Age guide: 8 - 18