This is an amazing family adventure holiday full of discovery, nature & activity, for thrill seeking families wanting an adventure close to home. From the coast to the mountain, Catalonia offers a diverse and beautiful location for this incredible multi-activity week.
"Great scenery, great food and warm friendly people. It was a family holiday to remember forever."
The Clifford family
You'll go with the flow, splashing through canyons on this active holiday in Spain. You'll also go sea kayaking, mountain biking and explore beautiful medieval villages. You will be equipped with a wetsuit, helmet and safety harness as you swim through turquoise rivers, jump and slide over smooth rocks and abseil down waterfalls, all under the close instruction and supervision of our excellent professional instructors. Swimming has never been so much fun. Then take to the treetops as you navigate your way through the canopy and zip-wire across the forest.
- Mountain bike along forest trails
- Go sea kayaking on the Catalan Coast
- Try canyoning through waterfalls
- Abseil down a rockface
- Test your skills with a bow and arrow
- Have fun on zip-wires and high ropes
Here's a taste of your itinerary. For more details please see the itinerary tab and trip notes.
Day 1 - Fly to Girona. Travel to Castello d'Empuries.
Day 2 - River trekking adventure.
Day 3 - Multiple activities at Adventure Lake.
Day 4 - Free day to explore as you like.
Day 5 Gorges de Salenys and Cala del Moli.
Day 6 - Kayak along the Catalan coast.
Day 7 - Canyoning in Gourg des Anelles.
Day 8 - Transfer to airport and take return flight home.
- Day 1. Fly to Girona; to Castello D'Empuries
- Fly to Girona, where you'll be transferred to your hotel in the medieval village of Castello D'Empuries, or fly to Barcelona and take the train to Figueres Vilafant Train Station. Spend the rest of the day relaxing or exploring the local area.
- Day 2. Go with the flow; river trekking
- Swim through turquoise pools of water and jump and slide down smooth rocks on a river trekking adventure through awe-inspiring landscapes. Then relax and bathe in the sun after a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Day 3. Adventure Lake, multi-activities
- Spend the day at a fun packed Adventure Lake - walk along high rope course in the trees, fly along zip wires, go kayaking on the lake, try climbing and test your skills with the bow and arrow.
- Day 4. Free day, beach or optional activities
- Today is free for you to explore your surroundings or participate in one of the many optional activities - why not visit the Dali museum in Figueres, explore the beautiful medieval city of Girona, take a boat trip along the Cap de Creus coastline, or spend the day at the water park, horse riding or go karting with the family.
- Day 5. Gorgues of Salenys and Cala Del Moli
- Today you will complete two Via Ferratas (a modern via ferrata is a steel cable which runs along a route periodically and is fixed to the rock). In the morning you will visit the "Gorgues of Salenys" located in Romanya de la Selva and in the afternoon you will visit "Cala del Moli", travelling across the coastal rocks.
- Day 6. Kayaking along the Catalan coast
- Kayak along the rugged Catalan coast, enjoying the warm waters of the sparkling turquoise sea and the spectacular coastal scenery. In the afternoon visit the Monastery of St Pere de Rodes and ascend on foot to the Castle of Sant de Verdera to enjoy beautiful views of the Bay of Roses, the Pyrenees and the Cap de Creus massif.
- Day 7. Canyoning in Gorges du Anelles (France)
- Travel to France and the Gorges du Anelles and take on thrilling abseils down waterfalls with slides and jumps of up to 10m and abseils of up to 30m - canyoning is an experience that will reawaken and revitalize your senses.
- Day 8. Transfer to airport; fly to UK
- Transfer to Girona Airport or Figueres Vilafant Train Station and fly back to the UK.
- WHERE WILL WE STAY?: 7 nights in hotels
- WHAT MEALS ARE INCLUDED?: 7 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- HOW DO WE TRAVEL?: Minibus, on foot, kayak and bicycle
- FLIGHTS: With Thomson Fly or Ryanair
- TRIP CODE: FSAC
- AGE GUIDE: 11 - 18