Clothing and Equipment List
Cheetahs and Dunes
Comfortable casual cotton clothing is recommended, with a sweater or fleece for the evenings. During the wildlife drives (especially from May to August) it can be rather chilly so please pack warm clothing. Bring muted colours rather than bright clothing (which animals can see from far away and take flight).
The following list of clothing and equipment is intended to be fairly comprehensive and experienced travellers may well take a good deal less luggage than we recommend.
Please note: Due to the limited space in the vehicle passengers are limited to one barrel type bag per person, maximum weight of 15kg, one medium sized hand luggage, one medium sized camera and a sleeping bag.
· Passport - including appropriate visas
· Photocopies of all documents (keep separate)
· Airline tickets
· Additional passport photos
· Travel insurance details
· Emergency contact numbers
· Trip information and itinerary
· Cash, credit/debit cards, money security belt/pouch
· Walking boots or strong shoes (optional)
· Trainers or strong sandals (all purpose wear)
· Long sleeved shirt
· Long casual trousers
· Shorts/short trousers
· Fleece or sweatshirt
· Warm hat and gloves for early morning game viewing
· Thick fleece (May-Oct)
· Warm windproof jacket (May-Oct)
· Lightweight waterproof jacket (Nov-Apr)
· Sunhat (styled to cover face, ears and neck)
· Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
· Lightweight daypack
· Sleeping bag 3 to 4 season
· Travel pillow
· Thermarest (optional)**
· Camera, memory card(s)
· Universal travel adaptor
· Insect repellent (with high DEET content)
· Personal first aid kit
· Wash kit (wet wipes and dry anti-bacterial hand wash)
· Toilet kit (toilet paper/tissues)
· Water bottle
· Torch and batteries, alarm clock
* Sleeping bags are available to hire at a cost of N$225 – please request at time of booking (to be paid locally).
** Mattresses are provided (approximately 5cm thick), but you may wish to bring your own for more comfort.
The following items can also be useful:
· Face wipes
· Moisturising cream
· Snacks/energy bars
· Padlock for your bags
· Small mirror
· Spare glasses/contact lenses
· Earplugs (against snorers!)
· Cold water travel wash (preferably biodegradable)
These items are also useful but don’t pack them in your hand luggage – put them in your main bag only!
· Penknife/small scissors
· Safety pins
· Small sewing/repair kit
· Nail clippers
Personal First Aid Kit
Your tour leader will be first aid trained and will carry a first aid kit. However, we recommend that you carry a small first aid kit for personal use. This could contain things like plasters, sterile dressings and bandages, a blister kit, pain killers e.g. paracetamol and ibuprofen, antiseptic cream, antihistamine cream (for insect bites), sunburn cream, anti-diarrhoea pills e.g. Imodium or Lomotil and rehydration salts e.g. dioralyte.
Please ensure you carry essential personal medication in your hand luggage rather than checked in bags. You may require a letter from your Doctor confirming this medication is for you.
For details regarding hand luggage restrictions please visit www.baa.com